Okay, if you have checked out this site at all, you know what my answer will be. But humor me for a moment.
For a busy professional, newsletters are the biggest bang for your buck. They show your expertise, create trust, drive your social media, and demonstrate your culture.
- There are 3x more email accounts than Twitter and Facebook accounts combined. (Radicati Group)
- Email is 40x more successful at acquiring new clients than either Facebook and Twitter. (McKinsey & Company)
Newsletters also have a higher click thru and conversion rate than social media.
So yes, your business needs a newsletter.
Now that you have obviously been convinced you need a newsletter, you have to decide on what kind of newsletter. You could send a newsletter yourself or send the industry standard newsletter. Or better yet, you could send a fun and engaging newsletter! That's what the cool kids do.
Fun and engaging newsletters use:
- Video - Click-thru rates for newsletters increase 2-3 times with a video.
- Humor - It's not enough to be just informed. We want to be entertained too.
- A Call to Action - Tell the reader what you want them to do! See below, for an example.
To get your own cool newsletter email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also text or, heaven forbid, call me at 615-594-7094.