With three kids ages, 7, 5, and 3, we tend to watch a lot of Pixar movies. I mean, A LOT of Pixar movies. And I have noticed a very familiar theme throughout all of them. The main character always has a problem, they are helped by an advisor with a solution, and there is a happy ending. The roles are interchangeable with talking cars, toy cowboys, or a clown fish.
Speaking of clown fish, take Finding Nemo for example:
- The Main Character - Marlin (Nemo’s dad)
- The Problem - Nemo was captured by scuba divers, so Marlin has to find Nemo
- The Advisor - Dory, the helpful new friend
- The Solution - Dory helps Marlin swim to Australia through the East Australian Current to find Nemo
- The Results - Marlin and Nemo are reunited with the help of Dory and they all live happily ever after. Or at least until the sequel.
This story is very similar to the way you help your customer. They have a problem, you help them with a solution, and there is a happy ending.
Stories connect and sell. By the way, stories sell 118% better than facts!
You want to increase sales and the way to do that is through better storytelling. Make the customer the star of the story and you help them get a happy ending.
Check out how PCS, Inc. is using a video to tell their customer’s story.
- The Main Character - Jake, the business owner
- The Problem - Lost productivity and unhappy employees, due to unreliable wifi
- The Advisor - PCS, Inc.
- The Solution - Create a map of wifi hotspots, troubleshoot, and install a better network
- The Results - Jake is able to now focus on growing his business and stop worrying about the wireless network
They are using this video on their website, email marketing, and at trade shows.
Now let's consider you.
- Does your website tell a story?
- Does your email marketing tell a story?
- Does your video tell a story? If it does, whose story is it; yours or your customer’s story?
If the answer is no, then it is time to tell a story that connects with your customer and gives them a happy ending.
Click on the image below to start telling your customer's story and increase your revenue!