The following is based on a true story. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, but mostly the guilty.
I was recently chatting with a friend that was getting ready to list a house and eventually buy another one.
He asked me if I knew of any good agents.
I recommended "Agent A" and "Agent B".
He did end up picking "Agent B".
Agent A said, “Well, I told him about how many houses we sold last year, the number of satisfied clients we had, and what the market statistics were for the last 30 days in his area. I really gave him my best presentation.”
Agent B said, “I had a great chat with your friend. First, I let him tell me all about his hopes and worries. Then I told him a couple of stories of clients (she didn’t disclose the names of those clients) whom I had worked within similar situations and how they were successful. I also mixed in an animated video that told a story. We hit it off and he signed with me right then and there!”
Agent A presented with a canned presentation and facts.
Agent B listened and shared relatable stories.
So often we hear about the importance of selling with a story. And rightfully so.
For example, if you want to educate your client on pricing their home, you could always tell them the facts:
- The longer a house is on the market, the less likely it is to sell
- Homes priced above their value eventually get a lower sales price than when initially priced correctly
- In a hot market, a reasonably priced home may go for above the sales price
- Or you could tell them a story.
And yes, I’m partial to animated videos:) But, animated videos work well because:
- They can tell a compelling story in 90 seconds or less
- They take very little time on your behalf
- They are cost-effective
- They are different and memorable
Check out the ways Sandi Sagaser from Inspired Homes uses animated video storytelling to increase the number of clients she gets.
- Website – You’ll find video on every page of Inspired Home’s website. It keeps the lead on the page longer and is more engaging.
- Email follow up – Most agents follow up once if they are lucky. Inspired Homes uses an automated email follow up with video. This sets them apart from every other real estate agency in their area.
- Presentations – Each time an agent from Inspired has an appointment, they show one of their videos that are appropriate for that particular lead, i.e. if the lead is fickle on pricing, they show their "Pricing your house to sell video."
- Social media – The easiest way to stand out on social media is with a video. 80% of internet users will click on video or images in their search results before clicking on anything else
Check out some of the other animated video stories that are client specific.
How to pick an agent - The Good Agent vs. The Bad Agent:
Tell your potential clients, who you work with - Buyer/Seller Winning Deals:
Now is the perfect time to gear up for a busy spring, by making some animated videos that will let you stand out from a crowd, engage your soon-to-be client, and tell a story!