I started making videos for busy professionals a few years ago. I had a lot of experience in writing articles for our local newspapers and for my blog.
My initial hope was to just write website content and do some email marketing.
After an experiment or two, I quickly realized that turning the blogs into animated videos was the way to go.
Well, it works!
- Animated videos can easily pass compliance when done correctly
- Stand out from your competition
- Americans perform 4 times as many video views as they do Google searches.
- Adding video to your email campaigns can increase click rates by 300% (Wistia)
- Videos are processed by the brain 60,000 times faster than text. (Psychology Today)
For example, Decatur County is using video every month in their email marketing.
Check out this one on "Easy ways to improve your credit score."
And "How to avoid NSF and overdraft fees."
You will notice that they do not just advertise how great their bank is and how many different options they have.
They are simply sharing great content that is useful to their customers and anyone else that gets this newsletter.
Marketing is much different than it used to be.
You will not be able to bombard people with features, advantages, and benefits.
You will have to create your own content, in your own voice, and it needs to be helpful.
Also, animated videos can be done in-house or can be outsourced for much less than other forms of advertising, i.e. billboards, print media, sponsorships, etc.
And you should get started while you still have time.
Very few banks are using video properly and this will be an easy way to stand out in a very crowded market!